Increase Your Property Value With an Underground Oil Tank Removal
99% of Leaking Tank problems Covered at No Cost Call Today for a FREE INSPECTION
Treating your property as if it were our own
Leaking Oil Tanks Can Be Dangerous
Avoid Serious & Costly Problems
Every underground heating oil tank leaks sooner or later.
Underground heating Oil tank Removal
3 EASY STEPS
1. Call Today
Call today to schedule a Free inspection that will be done within 24-72 hours.
2. Tank Removal
Qualified leaking tanks are removed at NO COST to the property owner.
3. Full Restoration
We take great care in restoring your property in every way, as if it were our own.
We handle everything for you!
If your heating oil tank is discovered to be leaking or has leaked, costs for assessment and tank removal (if required) are fully reimbursed through the Virginia Petroleum Storage Tank Fund reimbursement program 99% of the time. Central Virginia Soil Consulting handles all reimbursement filings and submittals to the Virginia DEQ on the behalf of the property owner.
Central Virginia Soil Consulting also absorbs the $500 deductible. This is what makes our residential underground oil tank removal service free of cost to the property owner 99% of the time. The bottom line is that we handle all the paperwork for you, and we bear the burden on reimbursement. The state of Virginia’s reimbursement program was established to protect the environment.
Full Property Restoration
Treating your property as if it were our own.
Our attention to detail throughout the process of removing an oil tank ensures that we take care of your property as if it were our own. We backfill and compact the excavation area, restore the topsoil and apply grass seed and straw to the disturbed area. We have received great positive feedback from our customers after the job is complete.
What People are Saying
Frequently Asked Questions
Central Virginia Soil Consulting, Inc. (CVSCI) can provide you with complete corrective action services for the assessment and clean up of your property to reduce the threat to water supply wells, eliminate vapor hazards and reduce environmental impact.
This service not only safeguards against human health affects and environmental impacts, it may also reduce fuel costs due to fuel leakage.
Another major benefit is the restoration of your property’s marketability and overall value. Many financial institutions require an evaluation of the physical condition of underground home heating oil storage tanks for property transfers. Unaddressed problems with these tanks may decrease property value considerably or even prevent home sales.
1. CVSCI will conduct an initial site consultation and release assessment of your home heating oil storage tank to determine if a petroleum release has occurred.
2. The purpose of the initial release assessment is to determine if a release of home heating oil from the underground storage tank has occurred. Soil samples can be collected directly adjacent to the tank and tank bottom with minimal disturbance to the site. If a private water supply well is located near the underground home heating oil tank and impact of the well is suspected, water samples can be collected for analysis to determine if the well has been compromised by hydrocarbon contamination. The findings of the assessment are compiled into a professionally prepared release assessment report that can be used to communicate the findings to any interested parties (i.e., potential buyers, realtors, financial lenders).
3. Prior to conducting leak checks on underground heating oil tanks, our clients must sign an authorization form that authorizes CVSCI to report any leakage to the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ). Virginia state law requires the reporting of a fuel oil release regardless of whether the tank is regulated or non-regulated under the state’s underground storage tank program. (Home heating oil tanks are non-regulated under the program).
4. CVSCI will handle ALL required paperwork and will obtain authorization from the Virginia DEQ to conduct all required petroleum contamination clean-up activities.
The Virginia Petroleum Storage Tank Fund provides reimbursement to underground home heating oil tank owners for a portion of the potentially high costs of mitigating public health threat and environmental risks from a petroleum storage tank release. The DEQ may reimburse costs for corrective action activities exceeding $500.00 for home heating oil tank releases. However, Central Virginia Soil Consulting, Inc. will absorb this $500.00 cost and wait for reimbursement from the Virginia Petroleum Storage Tank Fund for all costs exceeding the $500.00 amount. Therefore, there is NO additional cost to the homeowner for the cleanup of the contamination. No corrective action work will be performed outside of the authorization of the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality.
1. Allow Central Virginia Soil Consulting, Inc. and any of its subcontractors rights to access the property for the purpose of performing corrective action related to the petroleum release.
2. Make arrangements for the location and marking of all underground utilities; and, any other subsurface wiring and piping on the property near the area in which corrective action is to be performed.
3. Sign the necessary reimbursement claim forms, which authorizes the DEQ to forward the reimbursement check to Central Virginia Soil Consulting, Inc.
These requirements are specified in a contract agreement between Central Virginia Soil Consulting, Inc. and the tank owner at time corrective action commences.